Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Which one is real?

"Many whites are not ready for a person of color," Mike Tolene, 20, of North Haverbrook, said. "I don't think many whites will vote for Obama. There's always been tension in the black and white communities. There's still that strong tension. I helped organize citizenship drives, and those who I've talked to support [Mrs.] Clinton."-Not real


"Many Latinos are not ready for a person of color," Natasha Carrillo, 20, of East Los Angeles, said. "I don't think many Latinos will vote for Obama. There's always been tension in the black and Latino communities. There's still that strong ethnic division. I helped organize citizenship drives, and those who I've talked to support [Mrs.] Clinton."-The New York Times

I was just sort of surprised at how uncritical the times article was and when I though of it as a white-black thing it seemed like a reporter would be much more critical.

Correction:Thats not really the times, thats our culture.

2 comments:

mpowercc said...

Wait. I thought you said you were going to disagree with me in this post? I wasn't really commenting on a racial tensions angle in the New Statesman article, but rather on the idea that Barack Obama is not that much different a politician from Clinton.

Ironic Goat said...

No, I know, I got distracted cause my disagreeing post plans to be a long long one and this guy came up.